Sunday, April 4, 2010

First Report: The Girls Party

I'd have to describe it as Lord of the Flies - with cake.

The sound of 12 nine year old girls in our basement was a combination of giggles, yells, shrieks, screams, singing, loud music, loud TV, and more shrieks. It was quite deafening.

After pizza, doing hair tinsel and fake nail applications, it was downstairs for a movie on the big screen.

I'm not quite sure what happened after that since I couldn't see much beyond the flying pillows. It got to the point where I would just toss in more food, bolt the door to the basement, and let nature take it s course.

I'm a coward - I admit it.

The din kept up until well after midnight. I feel hung over without the benefit of being drunk first. What a ripoff.

Now my wife and I are cleaning the house for a repeat - for the boys (8 of 'em) tonight.

Pity me.

No comments: