Tuesday, October 11, 2011

First Drafts

Like me, I figure song writers had to have first drafts of their songs.  I have visions of rock musicians, pens in hand, crossing stuff out and muttering "That just doesn't sound right..."

Herewith are some examples:

  • Deep Purple - Smoke on the Landscape
  • Rod Stewart - Maggie Moe
  • Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Bathroom
  • Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Dance
  • Beatles - Hey Dude, I Want to Hold Your Gland
  • Elton John - Saturday Nights Alright for Knitting, Bennie and the Mets
  • Smokey Robinson - The Tracks of My Tires
  • Jackson Brown - Doctor My Pancreas
  • Steppenwolf - Born to be Mild
  • Police - Roseanne
  • Pink Floyd - Currency
  • Doobie Brothers - China Groove
  • Supremes - Where Did My Shoes Go?
  • Warren Zevon - Werewolves of Cleveland
  • Carl Perkins - Blue Suede Wallabies
  • Ray Charles - Hit The Road Bob
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home North Dakota
  • Don Maclean - American Schnitzel

No comments: